- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
MELD calendars feature photos of Anderson Gardens
2012 calendars benefiting Rockford MELD and featuring photographs of Anderson Japenese Gardens by photographer Jeff Anderson are now available for purchase at area retailers.
The calendar is standard 11 inches by 14 inches in size, with 12 full-page scenes of the gardens ideal for matting and framing.
Calendars, $15 each, are available at the following locations:
Stone’s Hallmark Stores — 2508 S. Alpine Road and 5901 E. Riverside Blvd.
Pepper Creek — 7295 Harrison Ave.
Annie’s Gift’s and Home Accents — 1643 N. Alpine Road
Privileges — 2636 McFarland Road
Nihan and Martin — 1660 N. Alpine Road
Poska — 2213 E. State St.
Crimson Ridge — 735 N. Perryville Road
Porch — 3065 N. Perryville Road
Village Green — 6101 E. Riverside Blvd. and 2640 N. Main St.
Jenny’s Gift Shop — SwedishAmerican Hospital, 1401 E. State St.
Benson Stone Company — 1100 11th St.
Shear Renewal — 2209 E. State St.
Katie’s Cup — 502 Seventh St.
MELD office — 3703 N. Main St.
Online — www.rockfordmeld.org
Proceeds from calendar sales will benefit MELD programs for young families. For more about MELD or their 2012 calendar, call the MELD office at (815) 633-6353, ext. 10, or go to www.rockfordmeld.org.
From the Oct. 19-25, 2011, issue