- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Motorsports: Local team prepares for America Adventure rally
When local brothers Jeff and Jhan Dolphin were asked to participate in this year’s America Adventure rally, hosted by AutoWeek magazine, they jumped at the opportunity.
“For ANY car guy, this is a dream trip,” said Rockford resident Jeff Dolphin. “Starting in Seattle with a week of scenic driving along the Pacific Coast, with stops along the way to compete at various race tracks. Then, almost 2,000 miles later, we arrive in Las Vegas during the largest automotive industry gathering in the nation, the SEMA show (Specialty Equipment Market Association).”
The AutoWeek America Adventure will start Oct. 26 in Tacoma, Wash., at the brand-new (and world’s largest) $60 million LeMay Automotive Museum. Then, the various teams will leave Washington on a six-day adventure that will test their minds, driving skills and endurance.
“My brother, Jhan, is the driver, and I’ll be handling navigation, so after six days together in a small Dodge Viper, we’ll need to keep a good sense of humor,” Jeff Dolphin said.
The teams in this year’s event consist of celebrities, professional race drivers, business executives, and hard-core car enthusiasts.
Jeff Dolphin is an A/V professional with SVL Productions, a privately-owned, Rockford-based audio/visual company specializing in sound, video and lighting.
Jhan Dolphin is president of the marketing and public relations firm j robert Consulting in Lindenhurst, Ill., working with numerous clients within the automotive world. He has designed and created unique marketing strategies using promotional vehicles, like the Chicago Blackhawks’ Stanley Cup Camaro, the Mindfreak vehicles used by illusionist Criss Angel, and the Cheap Trick-themed vehicle designed with the rock-and-roll legends.
The Dolphin brothers will be driving a 500-plus horsepower, modified Dodge Viper for their sponsor, Intrepid Outdoors, a hunting adventure show on the NBC Sports network.
“We really like the passion and commitment that the hosts and producers of the show dedicate to getting kids involved in the outdoors, and we’re happy to help spread their message,” explained Jeff Dolphin.
The entire rally will be filmed for a television special, and the brothers plan to post video footage each day during their adventure for their friends, family and fans to see. To watch their progress and cheer them on, visit www.jrobertconsulting.com.
From the Oct. 19-25, 2011, issue