- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
Park District presents Distinguished Service Award
The Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners presented Joel Cowen with a Distinguished Service Award. Cowen recently retired from his position as assistant dean for Health Systems Research at the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
For more than 20 years, Cowen has worked with the Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners and various Rockford Park District staff members. Cowen has helped the Rockford Park District survey citizens about ways to improve services and establish facility priorities, and has helped the Park District to better understand the dynamics of changing community demographics and recognize trends that could impact district services.
Rockford Park District Executive Director Tim Dimke said: “We appreciate tremendously all Joel Cowen has done for the Rockford Park District. He’s a mastermind when it comes to facts, figures and demographics. Over the years, he’s spent countless hours going over citizen surveys and collecting feedback during public forums, which helps the Rockford Park District Board establish priorities that are in line with those of the citizens we serve.”
Park Board President Jack Armstrong presented Cowen with the Distinguished Service Award for his commitment to the continuing health and well-being of the Rockford community.
From the Oct. 19-25, 2011, issue