Final Rockford City Market of season Friday, Oct. 21
Online Staff Report
The final Rockford City Market of the season is set for 3 to 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 21.
The market, which has drawn a cumulative crowd of nearly 40,000 people this season, is along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford.
Enjoy a beer-tasting this Friday where you can sample the following six brews for $5:
1. Shiner Bock Oktoberfest is sweet and fruity with light caramel hints.
2. A light-bodied and refreshing ale made with traditional brewing ingredients describes the mild flavor profile of Good Old Potosi.
3. Beck’s Oktoberfest is malty sweet with hints of apple and roasted nuts.
4. Brewed in honor of the harvest season, this copper-colored ESB is made with Cascade hops and has a fruity hop aroma and toasty malt character that makes Goose Island Harvest Ale a delicious beer.
5. Potosi Cave Ale is a pure malt and hop ale and is considered a medium-bodied beer.
6. Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat is brewed with ripe pumpkins, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves that are sure to please the taste buds.
Stop by the market tent for their beer blitz where market-goers can enjoy a refreshing beverage for $3 a glass.
Bella Luna Bakery will be featuring some delicious treats, including Cuccidati Italian Cookies, Apple Brandy Muffins and potato chip cookies.
Live music, activities
Close out the market season with Harlan Jefferson’s soothing harmony and dazzling soul. The Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Hall of Famer will take the stage as he showcases his melodic sound and captivating rhythm.
Market vendors will be joining in on the festivities, with decorated booths and costumes that everyone can vote for as their favorite.
Make the city market a family retreat with plenty of activities for the kids, including a costume parade at 6 p.m. Treats will be handed to the first 50 kids dressed in costume. Kids can also take part in pumpkin decorating as pumpkins will be available to the first 50 kids.
The University of Illinois Extension Office will be offering an educational activity to teach younger ones about the basics of worm compositing.
Check out the Rockford City Market website at www.rockfordcitymarket.com for a complete calendar of events and entertainment.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, On the Waterfront, Inc., Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, the River District Association, the City of Rockford, the Rockford Area Economic Development Council and the Illinois Small Business Development Center.
Print This Article