- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Halloweeen Paddle, Pedal and Pints fund-raiser Oct. 29
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — The first “Halloweeen Paddle, Pedal and Pints” event will be starting at 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 29, at The Rock Bar and Grill, 101 Maple Ave., Beloit, Wis. Proceeds will benefit the Beloit-to-Janesville Bike Path Connection efforts by Rock Trail Coalition.
Participants will paddle 3.3 miles on the Rock River in kayak or canoe, then get on their bikes and pedal either 6 or 11 miles, with various stops along the way to pick up “Tricks or Treats.”
The last stop is at The Rock Bar and Grill, where participants can enjoy a free pint of beer and have the chance to win some prizes.
Cost is $30 per person, or $50 per 2-person team, which includes kayak rental. People bringing their own boat will save $15. Participants who show up wearing a costume can save $10 or can choose to donate the $10 to the Rock Trail Coalition.
Registration forms are available at The Rock Bar and Grill, 101 Maple Ave., Beloit; Paddle and Trail of Beloit, 110 W. Grand Ave., Beloit; or Paddle and Trail of Loves Park, 7212 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park.
The forms are also available at www.paddleandtrail.com. Pre-registration is required if you need a kayak or canoe.
The event is sponsored by Paddle and Trail and The Rock Bar and Grill.
Contact Paddle and Trail of Beloit for questions at (608) 362-6521.