- EarthTalk: Avoiding harmful food additives
- Nighttime/alcohol enforcement patrols set for Dec. 26-28
- ComEd readies for potential winter weather
- Lee Hamilton: Time to focus on growing the economy
- Anti-corruption reform advisory question to appear on ballot
- Evidence found in Dec. 20 quadruple murder, but no arrests
- Yes, Virginia, Portillo’s is coming to Rockford
- Meet John Doe: Wake up and share that Christmas spirit, you’re the hope of the world
- Tech-Friendly: Recycle your old electronics this holiday season
- Garbage collection adjusted for Christmas, New Year’s
Halloweeen Paddle, Pedal and Pints fund-raiser Oct. 29
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — The first “Halloweeen Paddle, Pedal and Pints” event will be starting at 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 29, at The Rock Bar and Grill, 101 Maple Ave., Beloit, Wis. Proceeds will benefit the Beloit-to-Janesville Bike Path Connection efforts by Rock Trail Coalition.
Participants will paddle 3.3 miles on the Rock River in kayak or canoe, then get on their bikes and pedal either 6 or 11 miles, with various stops along the way to pick up “Tricks or Treats.”
The last stop is at The Rock Bar and Grill, where participants can enjoy a free pint of beer and have the chance to win some prizes.
Cost is $30 per person, or $50 per 2-person team, which includes kayak rental. People bringing their own boat will save $15. Participants who show up wearing a costume can save $10 or can choose to donate the $10 to the Rock Trail Coalition.
Registration forms are available at The Rock Bar and Grill, 101 Maple Ave., Beloit; Paddle and Trail of Beloit, 110 W. Grand Ave., Beloit; or Paddle and Trail of Loves Park, 7212 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park.
The forms are also available at www.paddleandtrail.com. Pre-registration is required if you need a kayak or canoe.
The event is sponsored by Paddle and Trail and The Rock Bar and Grill.
Contact Paddle and Trail of Beloit for questions at (608) 362-6521.