- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Block 5 Halloween Bash set for Oct. 29 downtown
Businesses in the 500 block of East State Street in downtown Rockford are teaming up for a Block 5 Halloween Bash, starting at 9 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 29. There is no cover charge for the event, but some of the businesses will charge for admission.
Bamboo, Irish Rose, The Office, Deli Italia, Social and Abreo will hold Rockford’s largest Halloween bash. Each business will offer a costume contest with a $100 cash prize. Each finalist will then go on to be eligible to win $500 as the “Block 5’s Best Costume.” The event will also feature drink specials.
The businesses have teamed up with DD of Illinois to ensure the safety of all customers. For no charge, anyone at any time can call DD of Illinois from anywhere on Block 5, and they will come with two people — one to drive you home in your car and one in a chase car to pick up the driver. The block five businesses will continue to offer the service every Friday and Saturday night.
Following is the live music lineup for the Oct. 29 event, listed by participating business:
Bamboo Asian Noodles and Tapas Bar, 514 E. State — DJ;
Irish Rose Saloon, 519 E. State — Dane Penn with special guest (original music);
Abreo, 515 E. State — DJ Jason M and DJ Shy;
The Office, 513 E. State — Sweet Lucky Upstairs and DJ downstairs;
Deli Italia, 507 E. State — Higher Ground; and
Social, 509 E. State — DJ.
From the Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2011, issue