- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Block 5 Halloween Bash set for Oct. 29 downtown
Businesses in the 500 block of East State Street in downtown Rockford are teaming up for a Block 5 Halloween Bash, starting at 9 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 29. There is no cover charge for the event, but some of the businesses will charge for admission.
Bamboo, Irish Rose, The Office, Deli Italia, Social and Abreo will hold Rockford’s largest Halloween bash. Each business will offer a costume contest with a $100 cash prize. Each finalist will then go on to be eligible to win $500 as the “Block 5’s Best Costume.” The event will also feature drink specials.
The businesses have teamed up with DD of Illinois to ensure the safety of all customers. For no charge, anyone at any time can call DD of Illinois from anywhere on Block 5, and they will come with two people — one to drive you home in your car and one in a chase car to pick up the driver. The block five businesses will continue to offer the service every Friday and Saturday night.
Following is the live music lineup for the Oct. 29 event, listed by participating business:
Bamboo Asian Noodles and Tapas Bar, 514 E. State — DJ;
Irish Rose Saloon, 519 E. State — Dane Penn with special guest (original music);
Abreo, 515 E. State — DJ Jason M and DJ Shy;
The Office, 513 E. State — Sweet Lucky Upstairs and DJ downstairs;
Deli Italia, 507 E. State — Higher Ground; and
Social, 509 E. State — DJ.
From the Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2011, issue