- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Block 5 Halloween Bash set for Oct. 29 downtown
Businesses in the 500 block of East State Street in downtown Rockford are teaming up for a Block 5 Halloween Bash, starting at 9 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 29. There is no cover charge for the event, but some of the businesses will charge for admission.
Bamboo, Irish Rose, The Office, Deli Italia, Social and Abreo will hold Rockford’s largest Halloween bash. Each business will offer a costume contest with a $100 cash prize. Each finalist will then go on to be eligible to win $500 as the “Block 5’s Best Costume.” The event will also feature drink specials.
The businesses have teamed up with DD of Illinois to ensure the safety of all customers. For no charge, anyone at any time can call DD of Illinois from anywhere on Block 5, and they will come with two people — one to drive you home in your car and one in a chase car to pick up the driver. The block five businesses will continue to offer the service every Friday and Saturday night.
Following is the live music lineup for the Oct. 29 event, listed by participating business:
Bamboo Asian Noodles and Tapas Bar, 514 E. State — DJ;
Irish Rose Saloon, 519 E. State — Dane Penn with special guest (original music);
Abreo, 515 E. State — DJ Jason M and DJ Shy;
The Office, 513 E. State — Sweet Lucky Upstairs and DJ downstairs;
Deli Italia, 507 E. State — Higher Ground; and
Social, 509 E. State — DJ.
From the Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2011, issue