- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Bowling: First Tee of Greater Rockford Bowling Extravaganza Nov. 12
• Event at Park Lanes in Loves Park benefits youth character-building golf program
The First Tee of Greater Rockford will hold a Bowling Extravaganza beginning at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 12, at Park Lanes Bowling Center, 5318 N. Second St., Loves Park.
The event is open to all and will include bowling, auctions, raffles, pasta buffet and numerous prizes. Check-in will begin at 6:45 p.m.
Registration in advance is necessary, and may be made as an individual for $35 or as a team of six for $200.
Sponsorships are available for businesses wanting to send a team of employees including Birdie at $1,000, Eagle at $1,500 and Double-Eagle at $2,500, which will include a personal wait staff and VIP service. All team sponsorships include two custom logo lane sponsor signs, two lanes of bowling and dinner for all.
Also available are lane sponsors at $100 or $250 for custom logo signs. All lane signs will be displayed for two weeks.
Funds raised will assist First Tee of Greater Rockford in its mission to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
For more details, contact the First Tee of Greater Rockford at (815) 965-5057, cell at (815) 990-9036 or e-mail to email@example.com.
From the Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2011, issue