- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Halloween parade, costume contest at Edgebrook Oct. 29
Rockford’s Edgebrook shopping center will host its sixth annual Festival of Fantasy Children’s Halloween parade and costume contest from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 29.
Since its beginning, the festival has become a popular event that makes Halloween a kids’ holiday once again. This event is free to the public. The purpose of Festival of Fantasy is to give kids control over their own creative expression and a sense of creative empowerment through that expression.
Children between the ages of infant to 12 years old are eligible. Treat bags will be handed out, while supplies last. Registration will take place on the day of the event in the Edgebrook courtyard. Parents of children eligible for the parade can get in on the fun by dressing up and marching with their children.
Dancing dragons, a children’s Halloween dance, prizes, entertainment, activities and awards for best costumes will be featured. Also, one grand prize of an age- and gender-appropriate Trek 20 bicycle will be awarded to the best costume of all.
Homemade costumes are preferred, but not required. Registration is from 12:30 to 1 p.m., Dragon Mania and Parade are from 1 to 1:30 p.m., and the Costume Judging & Prizes are from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Edgebrook is at 1601 N. Alpine Road and can be reached at (815) 226-0212.
From the Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2011, issue