- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Real Estate News: Boone County Habitat home dedication Nov. 5
Boone County Habitat for Humanity and the Boone County Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans will hold a dedication ceremony for the Moreno family home at 707 Pearl St., in Belvidere, Ill., at 2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5.
Boone County Habitat for Humanity and the Boone County Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans have made the dream of owning a beautiful home a reality for the Moreno family.
Habitat for Humanity volunteers, Thrivent Financial representatives, Belvidere Mayor Frederic C. Brereton, local dignitaries, and members of the Moreno family will participate in the dedication ceremony. Hard work, generous financial backing, and community support made this home possible.
The new homeowner, Ana Moreno, and her three children, Yatzari, Lizette and Alaksis Galvez, are eager and excited to move into their new home. They have completed more than 300 hours of “sweat equity” work while helping to build the home, which is a basic requirement of Habitat for Humanity. They will repay the nonprofit mortgage over a period of 30 years, illustrating Habitat for Humanity’s objective to give families a “hand up” rather than a “hand out.”
For more details, contact the Habitat for Humanity of Boone County at (815) 980-6247 or email@example.com.
From the Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2011, issue