- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Real Estate News: Boone County Habitat home dedication Nov. 5
Boone County Habitat for Humanity and the Boone County Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans will hold a dedication ceremony for the Moreno family home at 707 Pearl St., in Belvidere, Ill., at 2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5.
Boone County Habitat for Humanity and the Boone County Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans have made the dream of owning a beautiful home a reality for the Moreno family.
Habitat for Humanity volunteers, Thrivent Financial representatives, Belvidere Mayor Frederic C. Brereton, local dignitaries, and members of the Moreno family will participate in the dedication ceremony. Hard work, generous financial backing, and community support made this home possible.
The new homeowner, Ana Moreno, and her three children, Yatzari, Lizette and Alaksis Galvez, are eager and excited to move into their new home. They have completed more than 300 hours of “sweat equity” work while helping to build the home, which is a basic requirement of Habitat for Humanity. They will repay the nonprofit mortgage over a period of 30 years, illustrating Habitat for Humanity’s objective to give families a “hand up” rather than a “hand out.”
For more details, contact the Habitat for Humanity of Boone County at (815) 980-6247 or email@example.com.
From the Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2011, issue