- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Real Estate News: Boone County Habitat home dedication Nov. 5
Boone County Habitat for Humanity and the Boone County Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans will hold a dedication ceremony for the Moreno family home at 707 Pearl St., in Belvidere, Ill., at 2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5.
Boone County Habitat for Humanity and the Boone County Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans have made the dream of owning a beautiful home a reality for the Moreno family.
Habitat for Humanity volunteers, Thrivent Financial representatives, Belvidere Mayor Frederic C. Brereton, local dignitaries, and members of the Moreno family will participate in the dedication ceremony. Hard work, generous financial backing, and community support made this home possible.
The new homeowner, Ana Moreno, and her three children, Yatzari, Lizette and Alaksis Galvez, are eager and excited to move into their new home. They have completed more than 300 hours of “sweat equity” work while helping to build the home, which is a basic requirement of Habitat for Humanity. They will repay the nonprofit mortgage over a period of 30 years, illustrating Habitat for Humanity’s objective to give families a “hand up” rather than a “hand out.”
For more details, contact the Habitat for Humanity of Boone County at (815) 980-6247 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2011, issue