- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Arts Council announces 2011-2012 board
The Rockford Area Arts Council elected new board members and officers for the 2011-12 board of directors at the Arts Council’s 24th Annual Meeting Oct. 18.
To celebrate 24 years of bringing the arts to everyone, the Arts Council invited its members and friends to gather to elect new board members and officers and bid a fond farewell to retiring members. The 2011-12 Rockford Area Arts Council Board of Directors are as follow: Jim Barbagallo, board president; Rena Cotsones, vice president; Sarilyn Neiber, treasurer; Beth Howard, secretary; Ald. John Beck, ex officio; Elaine Breck; Carole Carbone; Monica Krysztopa, ex officio; Angela Larson; Ian Linnabary; Ald. Doug Mark; Mike Mastroianni; Julie Palkowski; and Scott Saporiti.
The Rockford Area Arts Council supports, promotes and develops the arts for everyone in the northern Illinois region. The Arts Council is guided by the vision of a community in which everyone enjoys and participates in the arts — and a community in which successful artists and arts organizations contribute to the vitality of the economy and quality of life. Visit www.artsforeveyrone.com for more information.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue