- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Arts Council announces 2011-2012 board
The Rockford Area Arts Council elected new board members and officers for the 2011-12 board of directors at the Arts Council’s 24th Annual Meeting Oct. 18.
To celebrate 24 years of bringing the arts to everyone, the Arts Council invited its members and friends to gather to elect new board members and officers and bid a fond farewell to retiring members. The 2011-12 Rockford Area Arts Council Board of Directors are as follow: Jim Barbagallo, board president; Rena Cotsones, vice president; Sarilyn Neiber, treasurer; Beth Howard, secretary; Ald. John Beck, ex officio; Elaine Breck; Carole Carbone; Monica Krysztopa, ex officio; Angela Larson; Ian Linnabary; Ald. Doug Mark; Mike Mastroianni; Julie Palkowski; and Scott Saporiti.
The Rockford Area Arts Council supports, promotes and develops the arts for everyone in the northern Illinois region. The Arts Council is guided by the vision of a community in which everyone enjoys and participates in the arts — and a community in which successful artists and arts organizations contribute to the vitality of the economy and quality of life. Visit www.artsforeveyrone.com for more information.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue