- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Arts Council announces 2011-2012 board
The Rockford Area Arts Council elected new board members and officers for the 2011-12 board of directors at the Arts Council’s 24th Annual Meeting Oct. 18.
To celebrate 24 years of bringing the arts to everyone, the Arts Council invited its members and friends to gather to elect new board members and officers and bid a fond farewell to retiring members. The 2011-12 Rockford Area Arts Council Board of Directors are as follow: Jim Barbagallo, board president; Rena Cotsones, vice president; Sarilyn Neiber, treasurer; Beth Howard, secretary; Ald. John Beck, ex officio; Elaine Breck; Carole Carbone; Monica Krysztopa, ex officio; Angela Larson; Ian Linnabary; Ald. Doug Mark; Mike Mastroianni; Julie Palkowski; and Scott Saporiti.
The Rockford Area Arts Council supports, promotes and develops the arts for everyone in the northern Illinois region. The Arts Council is guided by the vision of a community in which everyone enjoys and participates in the arts — and a community in which successful artists and arts organizations contribute to the vitality of the economy and quality of life. Visit www.artsforeveyrone.com for more information.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue