- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Arts Council announces 2011-2012 board
The Rockford Area Arts Council elected new board members and officers for the 2011-12 board of directors at the Arts Council’s 24th Annual Meeting Oct. 18.
To celebrate 24 years of bringing the arts to everyone, the Arts Council invited its members and friends to gather to elect new board members and officers and bid a fond farewell to retiring members. The 2011-12 Rockford Area Arts Council Board of Directors are as follow: Jim Barbagallo, board president; Rena Cotsones, vice president; Sarilyn Neiber, treasurer; Beth Howard, secretary; Ald. John Beck, ex officio; Elaine Breck; Carole Carbone; Monica Krysztopa, ex officio; Angela Larson; Ian Linnabary; Ald. Doug Mark; Mike Mastroianni; Julie Palkowski; and Scott Saporiti.
The Rockford Area Arts Council supports, promotes and develops the arts for everyone in the northern Illinois region. The Arts Council is guided by the vision of a community in which everyone enjoys and participates in the arts — and a community in which successful artists and arts organizations contribute to the vitality of the economy and quality of life. Visit www.artsforeveyrone.com for more information.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue