- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Local pediatrician to offer flu prevention tips Nov. 3
Local pediatrician Christine Zimmerman will discuss flu myths and what parents need to know to protect their children from the flu at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 3, at Rockford Health Physicians-Perryville, 3401 N. Perryville.
Zimmerman’s discussion will address the following:
• the flu and specifics relating to flu vaccines, including the different types of vaccines and who is eligible for each;
• the timing of the vaccine;
• flu strains in the vaccine;
• appropriate treatments for flu; and
• when you should see a doctor and when you should take antiviral medications.
Attend this FREE presentation and erase any doubts or misconceptions you may have about the flu.
The presentation is free, and those who attend will have the chance to enter their name for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Target.
To reserve a space, call the Rockford Health System Information line at (815) 971-1999.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue