- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Local pediatrician to offer flu prevention tips Nov. 3
Local pediatrician Christine Zimmerman will discuss flu myths and what parents need to know to protect their children from the flu at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 3, at Rockford Health Physicians-Perryville, 3401 N. Perryville.
Zimmerman’s discussion will address the following:
• the flu and specifics relating to flu vaccines, including the different types of vaccines and who is eligible for each;
• the timing of the vaccine;
• flu strains in the vaccine;
• appropriate treatments for flu; and
• when you should see a doctor and when you should take antiviral medications.
Attend this FREE presentation and erase any doubts or misconceptions you may have about the flu.
The presentation is free, and those who attend will have the chance to enter their name for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Target.
To reserve a space, call the Rockford Health System Information line at (815) 971-1999.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue