- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Local pediatrician to offer flu prevention tips Nov. 3
Local pediatrician Christine Zimmerman will discuss flu myths and what parents need to know to protect their children from the flu at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 3, at Rockford Health Physicians-Perryville, 3401 N. Perryville.
Zimmerman’s discussion will address the following:
• the flu and specifics relating to flu vaccines, including the different types of vaccines and who is eligible for each;
• the timing of the vaccine;
• flu strains in the vaccine;
• appropriate treatments for flu; and
• when you should see a doctor and when you should take antiviral medications.
Attend this FREE presentation and erase any doubts or misconceptions you may have about the flu.
The presentation is free, and those who attend will have the chance to enter their name for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Target.
To reserve a space, call the Rockford Health System Information line at (815) 971-1999.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue