- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Local pediatrician to offer flu prevention tips Nov. 3
Local pediatrician Christine Zimmerman will discuss flu myths and what parents need to know to protect their children from the flu at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 3, at Rockford Health Physicians-Perryville, 3401 N. Perryville.
Zimmerman’s discussion will address the following:
• the flu and specifics relating to flu vaccines, including the different types of vaccines and who is eligible for each;
• the timing of the vaccine;
• flu strains in the vaccine;
• appropriate treatments for flu; and
• when you should see a doctor and when you should take antiviral medications.
Attend this FREE presentation and erase any doubts or misconceptions you may have about the flu.
The presentation is free, and those who attend will have the chance to enter their name for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Target.
To reserve a space, call the Rockford Health System Information line at (815) 971-1999.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue