- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Local pediatrician to offer flu prevention tips Nov. 3
Local pediatrician Christine Zimmerman will discuss flu myths and what parents need to know to protect their children from the flu at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 3, at Rockford Health Physicians-Perryville, 3401 N. Perryville.
Zimmerman’s discussion will address the following:
• the flu and specifics relating to flu vaccines, including the different types of vaccines and who is eligible for each;
• the timing of the vaccine;
• flu strains in the vaccine;
• appropriate treatments for flu; and
• when you should see a doctor and when you should take antiviral medications.
Attend this FREE presentation and erase any doubts or misconceptions you may have about the flu.
The presentation is free, and those who attend will have the chance to enter their name for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Target.
To reserve a space, call the Rockford Health System Information line at (815) 971-1999.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue