- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rock-Con gaming convention Nov. 4-6
The 38th annual Rock-Con gaming convention will be at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, from 7 to 11 p.m., Friday, Nov. 4, 9 a.m.-11 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5, and 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 6.
Admission is $25 for a weekend pass, $9 for Friday only, $16 for Saturday only and $9 for Sunday only. Children younger than 12 are admitted free when accompanied by a paying adult. Military discounts are available with a current Department of Defense or Veterans Administration identification card.
Historical, science fiction and fantasy-based games of all kinds, including board games, card games, strategy games and role-playing games, will be played throughout the weekend. Additionally, the dealers’ area will be open throughout the weekend.
Friday, Nov. 4, the convention kicks off at 7 p.m. with games based on the British hit TV show Doctor Who and the Roman Empire as well as classic role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons.
Saturday, Nov. 5, includes a day-long Warhammer 40,000 tournament, the ever-popular silent auction, and the Pedal to the Medal timed painting contest.
The convention wraps up Sunday, Nov. 6, with a large-scale Catan game, Battletech and a Wings of War tournament. Included with any admission, attendees can try their hand at painting miniatures at the Ninth Annual Paint-and-Take table Friday-Sunday.
Visit www.rock-con.com for more details.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue