- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Rock-Con gaming convention Nov. 4-6
The 38th annual Rock-Con gaming convention will be at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, from 7 to 11 p.m., Friday, Nov. 4, 9 a.m.-11 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5, and 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 6.
Admission is $25 for a weekend pass, $9 for Friday only, $16 for Saturday only and $9 for Sunday only. Children younger than 12 are admitted free when accompanied by a paying adult. Military discounts are available with a current Department of Defense or Veterans Administration identification card.
Historical, science fiction and fantasy-based games of all kinds, including board games, card games, strategy games and role-playing games, will be played throughout the weekend. Additionally, the dealers’ area will be open throughout the weekend.
Friday, Nov. 4, the convention kicks off at 7 p.m. with games based on the British hit TV show Doctor Who and the Roman Empire as well as classic role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons.
Saturday, Nov. 5, includes a day-long Warhammer 40,000 tournament, the ever-popular silent auction, and the Pedal to the Medal timed painting contest.
The convention wraps up Sunday, Nov. 6, with a large-scale Catan game, Battletech and a Wings of War tournament. Included with any admission, attendees can try their hand at painting miniatures at the Ninth Annual Paint-and-Take table Friday-Sunday.
Visit www.rock-con.com for more details.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue