- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Rock Valley Model United Nations Team honored
At the recent National Model United Nations Conference in Washington, D.C., from Oct. 21-23, the Rock Valley College (RVC) Model United Nations Team received awards for Outstanding Delegation and for Outstanding Position Papers.
Model United Nations is a simulation of the United Nations. The RVC team represented Austria on the Security Council, the Disarmament and International Security Committee, the Economic and Finance Committee, and Social, Cultural and Humanitarian Committee. They also represented Greece on the NATO Council.
The members of the Rock Valley College Model United Nations are Thomas Bouril, Megan Brugger, Evan Frisella, Cassie Kasicki, Kathleen McGraw, Ashley Palin, Shawn Steiner, Nathan Tripp and Gloria Wiekert. The team is advised by Crystal Dinwiddie, RVC sociology instructor, and Dr. Martin Quirk, RVC professor of history.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue