- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Rock Valley Model United Nations Team honored
At the recent National Model United Nations Conference in Washington, D.C., from Oct. 21-23, the Rock Valley College (RVC) Model United Nations Team received awards for Outstanding Delegation and for Outstanding Position Papers.
Model United Nations is a simulation of the United Nations. The RVC team represented Austria on the Security Council, the Disarmament and International Security Committee, the Economic and Finance Committee, and Social, Cultural and Humanitarian Committee. They also represented Greece on the NATO Council.
The members of the Rock Valley College Model United Nations are Thomas Bouril, Megan Brugger, Evan Frisella, Cassie Kasicki, Kathleen McGraw, Ashley Palin, Shawn Steiner, Nathan Tripp and Gloria Wiekert. The team is advised by Crystal Dinwiddie, RVC sociology instructor, and Dr. Martin Quirk, RVC professor of history.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue