- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Rock Valley Model United Nations Team honored
At the recent National Model United Nations Conference in Washington, D.C., from Oct. 21-23, the Rock Valley College (RVC) Model United Nations Team received awards for Outstanding Delegation and for Outstanding Position Papers.
Model United Nations is a simulation of the United Nations. The RVC team represented Austria on the Security Council, the Disarmament and International Security Committee, the Economic and Finance Committee, and Social, Cultural and Humanitarian Committee. They also represented Greece on the NATO Council.
The members of the Rock Valley College Model United Nations are Thomas Bouril, Megan Brugger, Evan Frisella, Cassie Kasicki, Kathleen McGraw, Ashley Palin, Shawn Steiner, Nathan Tripp and Gloria Wiekert. The team is advised by Crystal Dinwiddie, RVC sociology instructor, and Dr. Martin Quirk, RVC professor of history.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue