- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
Rock Valley Model United Nations Team honored
At the recent National Model United Nations Conference in Washington, D.C., from Oct. 21-23, the Rock Valley College (RVC) Model United Nations Team received awards for Outstanding Delegation and for Outstanding Position Papers.
Model United Nations is a simulation of the United Nations. The RVC team represented Austria on the Security Council, the Disarmament and International Security Committee, the Economic and Finance Committee, and Social, Cultural and Humanitarian Committee. They also represented Greece on the NATO Council.
The members of the Rock Valley College Model United Nations are Thomas Bouril, Megan Brugger, Evan Frisella, Cassie Kasicki, Kathleen McGraw, Ashley Palin, Shawn Steiner, Nathan Tripp and Gloria Wiekert. The team is advised by Crystal Dinwiddie, RVC sociology instructor, and Dr. Martin Quirk, RVC professor of history.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue