- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Rockford Area Arts Council offers Grant Seekers Workshop Nov. 7
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s Community Arts Access Grants are available for individual artists, arts organizations, and nonprofit organizations wishing to apply for grant funding for projects in 2012.
The grant application deadline for projects taking place in 2012 is Nov. 18.
This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council. Additional funds come from the City of Rockford and the Rockford Area Arts Council’s memberships.
Grants are awarded to individual artists, arts organizations as well as other non-profit organizations, and schools within the four-county service area of Boone, DeKalb, Ogle and Winnebago counties.
Fundamental to the mission of the Rockford Area Arts Council is its goal to nurture artists and arts organizations; grants are one of several ways to address this goal.
Grants are reviewed by arts professionals and community members committed to the arts. Reviewers carefully evaluate each application according to guidelines and criteria.
Community Arts Access Grants for individual artists, arts organizations, and non-profit organizations have a maximum amount of $2,500.
Open Admission: Action Grants, for Rockford area individual artists or arts organizations for new projects, have a maximum amount of $350.
The Rockford Area Arts Council will offer a Grant Seekers Workshop for individuals, arts organizations and non-profit organizations wishing to apply for grant funding for projects in 2011. First-time applicants are encouraged to attend. The workshop will be at 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday, Nov. 7, at the Rockford Area Arts Council office, 713 E. State St., Shumway Market Building, Rockford.
Grants are available for printing at www.artsforeveryone.com. For questions, call the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue