- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Rockford Area Arts Council offers Grant Seekers Workshop Nov. 7
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s Community Arts Access Grants are available for individual artists, arts organizations, and nonprofit organizations wishing to apply for grant funding for projects in 2012.
The grant application deadline for projects taking place in 2012 is Nov. 18.
This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council. Additional funds come from the City of Rockford and the Rockford Area Arts Council’s memberships.
Grants are awarded to individual artists, arts organizations as well as other non-profit organizations, and schools within the four-county service area of Boone, DeKalb, Ogle and Winnebago counties.
Fundamental to the mission of the Rockford Area Arts Council is its goal to nurture artists and arts organizations; grants are one of several ways to address this goal.
Grants are reviewed by arts professionals and community members committed to the arts. Reviewers carefully evaluate each application according to guidelines and criteria.
Community Arts Access Grants for individual artists, arts organizations, and non-profit organizations have a maximum amount of $2,500.
Open Admission: Action Grants, for Rockford area individual artists or arts organizations for new projects, have a maximum amount of $350.
The Rockford Area Arts Council will offer a Grant Seekers Workshop for individuals, arts organizations and non-profit organizations wishing to apply for grant funding for projects in 2011. First-time applicants are encouraged to attend. The workshop will be at 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday, Nov. 7, at the Rockford Area Arts Council office, 713 E. State St., Shumway Market Building, Rockford.
Grants are available for printing at www.artsforeveryone.com. For questions, call the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue