- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Smash your pumpkin at Discovery Center Nov. 6
Dead pumpkins become parking lot projectiles when flung from Discovery Center’s giant catapult between 1 and 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 6, during the museum’s annual Smashing Pumpkins event.
Send your jack-o’-lantern flying through the air with the museum’s trebuchet, a counterweight catapult used in medieval times. Create a miniature catapult and learn how to lob. Take part in various fall arts and crafts activities.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org or call (815) 963-6769 for more details.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue