- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Smash your pumpkin at Discovery Center Nov. 6
Dead pumpkins become parking lot projectiles when flung from Discovery Center’s giant catapult between 1 and 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 6, during the museum’s annual Smashing Pumpkins event.
Send your jack-o’-lantern flying through the air with the museum’s trebuchet, a counterweight catapult used in medieval times. Create a miniature catapult and learn how to lob. Take part in various fall arts and crafts activities.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org or call (815) 963-6769 for more details.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue