- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Smash your pumpkin at Discovery Center Nov. 6
Dead pumpkins become parking lot projectiles when flung from Discovery Center’s giant catapult between 1 and 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 6, during the museum’s annual Smashing Pumpkins event.
Send your jack-o’-lantern flying through the air with the museum’s trebuchet, a counterweight catapult used in medieval times. Create a miniature catapult and learn how to lob. Take part in various fall arts and crafts activities.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org or call (815) 963-6769 for more details.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue