- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Vintage Wings and Wheels Museum hosts Holiday Wine Tasting Nov. 5
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — The Vintage Wings and Wheels Museum will host a Holiday Wine Tasting in conjunction with Artale Wines, at the famous Waukesha Hangar on the Museum grounds next to the Poplar Grove Airport from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5. Open to the public, this Wine Tasting will feature champagnes and select red and white wines appropriate for your holiday entertainment planning.
A silent auction will feature gift baskets and hors d’oeuvres will be provided. Museum season sponsors Wallem Associates, Byron Bank, RJ Daniels Fuel and Tire, Poplar Grove State Bank, Rezich and Rezich, and J & D Countryside Marathon will be honored.
The Vintage Wings and Wheels Museum, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, preserves our rich transportation heritage by educating our local community through outreach programs at our schools, hands-on learning experiences on campus, public events like the Ag Event and Vintage Wheels Show, an extensive transportation library, campus tours, summer camps, and historical displays for young and old alike. For more information, contact Judi Zangs at (815) 547-3115 or visit the website at www.PoplarGroveWingsAndWheels.com.