- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
What has our country become?
So, what happens when the people get tired of certain governments that only help those that have money? This country is going to bury itself because it can’t help itself first. This country only thinks of itself when it runs to another country and brings their judgment and their government’s rules to impose on others.
I feel our rights are being made for us by those we have voted into office. They think for us, next they will be telling us how to live.
I was talking with a fireman who has 37 years of service, and he thanked me for staying in contact 27 years after an accident in which I should have been killed. I should not be here, except it was not my time to die. I guess I should be happy, but I’m not. I am in pain 24/7, 365 days a year. This is the reality of surviving something that should have taken my life, and I wish it had, because the pain is something much worse in the end.
Nobody ever says thank you anymore because they have no respect for anyone but their own self.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue