- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
What has our country become?
So, what happens when the people get tired of certain governments that only help those that have money? This country is going to bury itself because it can’t help itself first. This country only thinks of itself when it runs to another country and brings their judgment and their government’s rules to impose on others.
I feel our rights are being made for us by those we have voted into office. They think for us, next they will be telling us how to live.
I was talking with a fireman who has 37 years of service, and he thanked me for staying in contact 27 years after an accident in which I should have been killed. I should not be here, except it was not my time to die. I guess I should be happy, but I’m not. I am in pain 24/7, 365 days a year. This is the reality of surviving something that should have taken my life, and I wish it had, because the pain is something much worse in the end.
Nobody ever says thank you anymore because they have no respect for anyone but their own self.
From the Nov. 2-8, 2011, issue