- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Who gets the jobs?
Goldwind China will build a $200 million wind farm in Lee County, Illinois. The project will provide 109.5 megawatts of power, and create more than 100 construction and a dozen permanent maintenance jobs in Illinois.
Yamaha created 1,600 jobs in Georgia, and VW created 2,000 jobs in Tennessee this year.
Illinois Gov. Pat. Quinn gets China to provide 100 construction jobs with dozens of permanent (maintenance) jobs in Illinois. What’s wrong with this picture — Tennessee and Georgia get 3,600 full-time jobs, not to mention all the jobs created by the workers?
DOES RIGHT-TO-WORK STATE COME TO MIND?
How much is Illinois giving back in tax incentives? Who will buy the power created?
James C. Davis
From the Nov. 2-6, 2011, issue