- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Who gets the jobs?
Goldwind China will build a $200 million wind farm in Lee County, Illinois. The project will provide 109.5 megawatts of power, and create more than 100 construction and a dozen permanent maintenance jobs in Illinois.
Yamaha created 1,600 jobs in Georgia, and VW created 2,000 jobs in Tennessee this year.
Illinois Gov. Pat. Quinn gets China to provide 100 construction jobs with dozens of permanent (maintenance) jobs in Illinois. What’s wrong with this picture — Tennessee and Georgia get 3,600 full-time jobs, not to mention all the jobs created by the workers?
DOES RIGHT-TO-WORK STATE COME TO MIND?
How much is Illinois giving back in tax incentives? Who will buy the power created?
James C. Davis
From the Nov. 2-6, 2011, issue