- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
Who gets the jobs?
Goldwind China will build a $200 million wind farm in Lee County, Illinois. The project will provide 109.5 megawatts of power, and create more than 100 construction and a dozen permanent maintenance jobs in Illinois.
Yamaha created 1,600 jobs in Georgia, and VW created 2,000 jobs in Tennessee this year.
Illinois Gov. Pat. Quinn gets China to provide 100 construction jobs with dozens of permanent (maintenance) jobs in Illinois. What’s wrong with this picture — Tennessee and Georgia get 3,600 full-time jobs, not to mention all the jobs created by the workers?
DOES RIGHT-TO-WORK STATE COME TO MIND?
How much is Illinois giving back in tax incentives? Who will buy the power created?
James C. Davis
From the Nov. 2-6, 2011, issue