- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Who gets the jobs?
Goldwind China will build a $200 million wind farm in Lee County, Illinois. The project will provide 109.5 megawatts of power, and create more than 100 construction and a dozen permanent maintenance jobs in Illinois.
Yamaha created 1,600 jobs in Georgia, and VW created 2,000 jobs in Tennessee this year.
Illinois Gov. Pat. Quinn gets China to provide 100 construction jobs with dozens of permanent (maintenance) jobs in Illinois. What’s wrong with this picture — Tennessee and Georgia get 3,600 full-time jobs, not to mention all the jobs created by the workers?
DOES RIGHT-TO-WORK STATE COME TO MIND?
How much is Illinois giving back in tax incentives? Who will buy the power created?
James C. Davis
From the Nov. 2-6, 2011, issue