- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
BraveHearts in Poplar Grove hosts Fifth Annual Invitational Horse Show Nov. 6
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — BraveHearts Therapeutic Riding & Educational Center will host its Fifth Annual Invitational Horse Show Sunday, Nov. 6. The event is an opportunity for BraveHearts’ students to showcase their riding skills and compete for ribbons. Last year’s event welcomed more than 500 attendees.
The show will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at BraveHearts’ Poplar Grove facility, 4950 Route 173. Students ages 3 and up will demonstrate their equestrian abilities through assisted and independent riding classes, as well as fun classes such as the Water Ride and Simon Says.
Visitors to the event can tour the BraveHearts’ facility and learn more about the organization and its programs. Catered food and beverages will also be available for purchase.
BraveHearts provides equine-assisted activities and therapies with teams of expert staff, dedicated volunteers and therapy horses at multiple safe and caring facilities. In addition to serving children and adults. BraveHearts provides innovative services to meet the needs of our military veterans and their families.