- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
BraveHearts in Poplar Grove hosts Fifth Annual Invitational Horse Show Nov. 6
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — BraveHearts Therapeutic Riding & Educational Center will host its Fifth Annual Invitational Horse Show Sunday, Nov. 6. The event is an opportunity for BraveHearts’ students to showcase their riding skills and compete for ribbons. Last year’s event welcomed more than 500 attendees.
The show will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at BraveHearts’ Poplar Grove facility, 4950 Route 173. Students ages 3 and up will demonstrate their equestrian abilities through assisted and independent riding classes, as well as fun classes such as the Water Ride and Simon Says.
Visitors to the event can tour the BraveHearts’ facility and learn more about the organization and its programs. Catered food and beverages will also be available for purchase.
BraveHearts provides equine-assisted activities and therapies with teams of expert staff, dedicated volunteers and therapy horses at multiple safe and caring facilities. In addition to serving children and adults. BraveHearts provides innovative services to meet the needs of our military veterans and their families.