- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
BraveHearts in Poplar Grove hosts Fifth Annual Invitational Horse Show Nov. 6
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — BraveHearts Therapeutic Riding & Educational Center will host its Fifth Annual Invitational Horse Show Sunday, Nov. 6. The event is an opportunity for BraveHearts’ students to showcase their riding skills and compete for ribbons. Last year’s event welcomed more than 500 attendees.
The show will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at BraveHearts’ Poplar Grove facility, 4950 Route 173. Students ages 3 and up will demonstrate their equestrian abilities through assisted and independent riding classes, as well as fun classes such as the Water Ride and Simon Says.
Visitors to the event can tour the BraveHearts’ facility and learn more about the organization and its programs. Catered food and beverages will also be available for purchase.
BraveHearts provides equine-assisted activities and therapies with teams of expert staff, dedicated volunteers and therapy horses at multiple safe and caring facilities. In addition to serving children and adults. BraveHearts provides innovative services to meet the needs of our military veterans and their families.