- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County seeks partner family; informational meeting Nov. 9
Online Staff Report
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2012. A Habitat partner family must meet the following requirements:
• Demonstrate a need for adequate shelter;
• Be willing to form a partnership with Habitat by keeping appointments, filling out paperwork accurately and on time, and performing at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on your home;
• Be a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year prior to applying for home ownership; and
• Demonstrate the ability to pay monthly mortgage payments and meet other financial obligations.
To learn more about becoming a partner family, all interested parties are invited to attend an informal presentation from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 9, at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere, Ill.
Habitat representatives will be available to answer all questions and assist everyone in filling out application forms.