- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County seeks partner family; informational meeting Nov. 9
Online Staff Report
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2012. A Habitat partner family must meet the following requirements:
• Demonstrate a need for adequate shelter;
• Be willing to form a partnership with Habitat by keeping appointments, filling out paperwork accurately and on time, and performing at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on your home;
• Be a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year prior to applying for home ownership; and
• Demonstrate the ability to pay monthly mortgage payments and meet other financial obligations.
To learn more about becoming a partner family, all interested parties are invited to attend an informal presentation from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 9, at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere, Ill.
Habitat representatives will be available to answer all questions and assist everyone in filling out application forms.