- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County seeks partner family; informational meeting Nov. 9
Online Staff Report
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2012. A Habitat partner family must meet the following requirements:
• Demonstrate a need for adequate shelter;
• Be willing to form a partnership with Habitat by keeping appointments, filling out paperwork accurately and on time, and performing at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on your home;
• Be a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year prior to applying for home ownership; and
• Demonstrate the ability to pay monthly mortgage payments and meet other financial obligations.
To learn more about becoming a partner family, all interested parties are invited to attend an informal presentation from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 9, at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere, Ill.
Habitat representatives will be available to answer all questions and assist everyone in filling out application forms.