- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County seeks partner family; informational meeting Nov. 9
Online Staff Report
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2012. A Habitat partner family must meet the following requirements:
• Demonstrate a need for adequate shelter;
• Be willing to form a partnership with Habitat by keeping appointments, filling out paperwork accurately and on time, and performing at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on your home;
• Be a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year prior to applying for home ownership; and
• Demonstrate the ability to pay monthly mortgage payments and meet other financial obligations.
To learn more about becoming a partner family, all interested parties are invited to attend an informal presentation from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 9, at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere, Ill.
Habitat representatives will be available to answer all questions and assist everyone in filling out application forms.