- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County seeks partner family; informational meeting Nov. 9
Online Staff Report
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2012. A Habitat partner family must meet the following requirements:
• Demonstrate a need for adequate shelter;
• Be willing to form a partnership with Habitat by keeping appointments, filling out paperwork accurately and on time, and performing at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on your home;
• Be a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year prior to applying for home ownership; and
• Demonstrate the ability to pay monthly mortgage payments and meet other financial obligations.
To learn more about becoming a partner family, all interested parties are invited to attend an informal presentation from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 9, at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere, Ill.
Habitat representatives will be available to answer all questions and assist everyone in filling out application forms.