- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Baritone Brad Liebl featured at Nov. 11 SoundBites
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) welcomes baritone Brad Liebl as the guest artist for SoundBites, the lunchtime discussion series hosted by RSO Music Director Steven Larsen.
The SoundBites event will begin at noon, Friday, Nov. 11, at Mauh-Nah-Tee-See Country Club, 5151 Guilford Road.
Liebl resides in Cape Town, South Africa, where he teaches at the University of Cape Town and leads several local community music initiatives.
Liebl will join the RSO, soprano Greta Ball, and the Mendelssohn Chorale in a performance of Gabriel Fauré’s Requiem Saturday, Nov. 12.
SoundBites is an engaging and entertaining prelude to the RSO concert experience. The discussions begin at noon on the Friday before each RSO Classics Series concert at Mauh-Nah-Tee-See Country Club. The SoundBites lunchtime series includes informal discussions featuring Larsen and a variety of exciting guest musicians who will perform with the RSO on concerts throughout the season.
SoundBites is free, although reservations are strongly recommended and may be made by calling (815) 972-2939.
SoundBites guests may bring their own lunch and beverage, or order from the club’s menu. Cash or checks only are accepted for lunch orders.
Topics for each SoundBites vary, offering a personal perspective by the particular guest musician featured at the discussion. Insights into the performers’ backgrounds and their reflections on the music they will perform with the RSO are major features of the series. Ample opportunity also exists for those attending the discussions to join in with questions or comments.
For more about other RSO events and concerts, call (815) 965-0049, or visit www.rockfordsymphony.com.
From the Nov. 9-15, 2011, issue