- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
- Parks and recreation vital to a stronger Illinois, report shows
- Illinois home sales see slight gain in October
- Rockford Rescue Mission on the front lines of battling war on homelessness
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council’s annual meeting highlights tech revolution
One Less Tenor performs at Emerson House Nov. 14
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents vocal duo One Less Tenor at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Nov. 14, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. Suggested donation is $10 at the door, with a portion of proceeds going to Shelter Care Ministries.
Seating is limited, so those interested in attending are encouraged to arrive early. Doors open at 5 p.m.
The Music On Main concert will be titled “Enough With The Tenors: an entertaining evening of music, comedy and other surprises!”
One Less Tenor, the vocal duo of Scott Chachula and Dennis Johnson, was born out of a calamitous three tenors performance when the third member of the trio did not show up. Rather than call off the performance, Chachula and Johnson just smiled and declared “What other tenor?”
Chachula and Johnson have both appeared as soloists with the Mendelssohn Chorale, Rockford Symphony Orchestra, Bach Chamber Choir, Lutheran Chorale Union and the Kishwaukee Valley Concert Band. They have also appeared at the Clock Tower Dinner Theater, Starlight Theater, and New American Theater, and appeared as “The Blues Brothers” in the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s “Felix’s Cabaret” fund-raiser last May.
Music On Main is Mendelssohn’s series of brief and intimate after-work concerts, held at the Emerson House in the heart of downtown Rockford. Attendees experience beautiful music, mingle with the artists, enjoy complimentary wine and cheese, and relax with their friends.
“Music On Main” performances take place on the second Monday of the month, September to November and February to May.
To purchase concert tickets or for more information about upcoming events and concerts, call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713 or visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Nov. 9-15, 2011, issue