- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Rockford Memorial first Illinois hospital to own new surgical scope to treat sinus conditions
Rockford Memorial Hospital is the first hospital in Illinois to own and operate a new medical device called Acclarent Cyclops, a state-of-the-art surgical scope used to treat difficult sinus conditions more effectively and efficiently than conventional tools.
Fazlur Zahurullah, M.D., a Rockford Health Physicians otolaryngologist, has used the scope in approximately two dozen procedures since June.
“This innovative scope allows us to rotate our view into the nose and inside the sinuses by 90 degrees to each side, which allows the surgeon a full view — it’s like peripheral vision,” he said. “That helps us resolve issues more quickly and easily. It is also less invasive, with no incisions involved, safer and more thorough.”
The device allows surgeons to see every view imaginable of the sinus anatomy. It can verify CT scans visually, see around corners to optimize surgery, and does the job it otherwise takes three or four scopes to perform.
Call the ENT Department at Rockford Health Physicians at (815) 971-2800.
From the Nov. 9-15, 2011, issue