- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Sylvia Waldsmith announces business expansion
Sylvia Waldsmith is well known in the stateline area as the guest chef of WIFR-23’s Morning Show with Andy and Aaron, former host of WNTA-1330 Radio and previous owner of Town and Country of Roscoe for 25 years.
She has now chosen to use her expertise and passion to incorporate the fusion of food and memories to expand into corporate events, catering, private dining hosting and personalized instruction, under the business name of “Sylvia’s Kitchen.”
Waldsmith has hired HMG-Howard Marketing Group as her marketing consulting team to assist in the expansion of her cookbook series, her personal brand and soon-to-be-launched revamped website, www.sylviaskitchen.com. She is also growing her Facebook page titled Sylvia’s Kitchen (www.facebook.com/sylviaskitchen), where she asks followers to help with an online contest where she could earn $50,000 in hiring grants to employ culinary talent in the stateline area.
“I have utilized my culinary arts degree from Blackhawk Technical College (an American Chef Federation accredited facility) on a part-time basis for years, but only recently decided to take the plunge and bring my business to the next level by dedicating myself to it full time,” Waldsmith said.
HMG-Howard Marketing Group has already secured various special events for “Sylvia’s Kitchen” services, including a private gourmet dinner party, a charity fund-raiser called the Singing Stylists benefiting the Rockford Art Museum Nov. 17, the 10-year anniversary event for High Maintenance at Peak Sports Club on Perryville, as well as the salon’s Grand Opening Celebration event for their new location in The Main Street Shopping Center in Roscoe.
Waldsmith still has openings for the holiday season, but she is booking up quickly. Clients who want to host celebrations in their homes and businesses, but don’t have time to plan, shop, prep and execute the event, can make Waldsmith’s services the perfect solution anytime, but especially during this busy time of year. Whether a formal intimate dinner for two, a casual hands-on teaching event or a business function for a large group, Waldsmith works with her clients to ensure the experience for all will blend fabulous food and memories for years to come.
From the Nov. 9-15, 2011, issue