- Responding to parents’ vaccine hesitance
- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
Retired Teachers Association plans lunch, visit to Discovery Center Nov. 17; reserve by Nov. 14
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Retired Teachers Association (WCRTA) is planning a catered luncheon and a trip to Discovery Center Museum to visit the “Peanuts … Naturally” exhibit. This is an amazing look at Charles Schultz’s exploration of the natural world through the Peanuts comic strips and interactive stations.
The event is scheduled to begin at noon, Thursday, Nov. 17, at Discovery Center Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. The catered lunch will consist of Chicken Parmesan with linguini, green beans almondine, tossed salad, rolls and carrot cake. Drinks will be iced tea or coffee.
The program will be presented by Sarah Wolf, executive director of Discovery Center, who will speak and give a tour of the new Discovery Center addition. The tour will include seeing the traveling “Peanuts … Naturally” exhibit, which runs until Jan. 8, 2012.
Cost is $18 per person. Make checks payable to WCRTA. Reserve with Elaine Arco at (815) 877-4506. Members may bring a guest. Make reservations by Nov. 14.
WCRTA is an organization of retired educators from both the public and private schools. It is a unit of the Illinois Retired Teachers Association. This group helps give a voice on legislative issues and awards yearly scholarships/grants to future teachers. Inquiries: (815) 988-4093.