- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Retired Teachers Association plans lunch, visit to Discovery Center Nov. 17; reserve by Nov. 14
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Retired Teachers Association (WCRTA) is planning a catered luncheon and a trip to Discovery Center Museum to visit the “Peanuts … Naturally” exhibit. This is an amazing look at Charles Schultz’s exploration of the natural world through the Peanuts comic strips and interactive stations.
The event is scheduled to begin at noon, Thursday, Nov. 17, at Discovery Center Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. The catered lunch will consist of Chicken Parmesan with linguini, green beans almondine, tossed salad, rolls and carrot cake. Drinks will be iced tea or coffee.
The program will be presented by Sarah Wolf, executive director of Discovery Center, who will speak and give a tour of the new Discovery Center addition. The tour will include seeing the traveling “Peanuts … Naturally” exhibit, which runs until Jan. 8, 2012.
Cost is $18 per person. Make checks payable to WCRTA. Reserve with Elaine Arco at (815) 877-4506. Members may bring a guest. Make reservations by Nov. 14.
WCRTA is an organization of retired educators from both the public and private schools. It is a unit of the Illinois Retired Teachers Association. This group helps give a voice on legislative issues and awards yearly scholarships/grants to future teachers. Inquiries: (815) 988-4093.