- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Retired Teachers Association plans lunch, visit to Discovery Center Nov. 17; reserve by Nov. 14
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Retired Teachers Association (WCRTA) is planning a catered luncheon and a trip to Discovery Center Museum to visit the “Peanuts … Naturally” exhibit. This is an amazing look at Charles Schultz’s exploration of the natural world through the Peanuts comic strips and interactive stations.
The event is scheduled to begin at noon, Thursday, Nov. 17, at Discovery Center Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. The catered lunch will consist of Chicken Parmesan with linguini, green beans almondine, tossed salad, rolls and carrot cake. Drinks will be iced tea or coffee.
The program will be presented by Sarah Wolf, executive director of Discovery Center, who will speak and give a tour of the new Discovery Center addition. The tour will include seeing the traveling “Peanuts … Naturally” exhibit, which runs until Jan. 8, 2012.
Cost is $18 per person. Make checks payable to WCRTA. Reserve with Elaine Arco at (815) 877-4506. Members may bring a guest. Make reservations by Nov. 14.
WCRTA is an organization of retired educators from both the public and private schools. It is a unit of the Illinois Retired Teachers Association. This group helps give a voice on legislative issues and awards yearly scholarships/grants to future teachers. Inquiries: (815) 988-4093.