- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Retired Teachers Association plans lunch, visit to Discovery Center Nov. 17; reserve by Nov. 14
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Retired Teachers Association (WCRTA) is planning a catered luncheon and a trip to Discovery Center Museum to visit the “Peanuts … Naturally” exhibit. This is an amazing look at Charles Schultz’s exploration of the natural world through the Peanuts comic strips and interactive stations.
The event is scheduled to begin at noon, Thursday, Nov. 17, at Discovery Center Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. The catered lunch will consist of Chicken Parmesan with linguini, green beans almondine, tossed salad, rolls and carrot cake. Drinks will be iced tea or coffee.
The program will be presented by Sarah Wolf, executive director of Discovery Center, who will speak and give a tour of the new Discovery Center addition. The tour will include seeing the traveling “Peanuts … Naturally” exhibit, which runs until Jan. 8, 2012.
Cost is $18 per person. Make checks payable to WCRTA. Reserve with Elaine Arco at (815) 877-4506. Members may bring a guest. Make reservations by Nov. 14.
WCRTA is an organization of retired educators from both the public and private schools. It is a unit of the Illinois Retired Teachers Association. This group helps give a voice on legislative issues and awards yearly scholarships/grants to future teachers. Inquiries: (815) 988-4093.