- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Retired Teachers Association plans lunch, visit to Discovery Center Nov. 17; reserve by Nov. 14
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Retired Teachers Association (WCRTA) is planning a catered luncheon and a trip to Discovery Center Museum to visit the “Peanuts … Naturally” exhibit. This is an amazing look at Charles Schultz’s exploration of the natural world through the Peanuts comic strips and interactive stations.
The event is scheduled to begin at noon, Thursday, Nov. 17, at Discovery Center Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. The catered lunch will consist of Chicken Parmesan with linguini, green beans almondine, tossed salad, rolls and carrot cake. Drinks will be iced tea or coffee.
The program will be presented by Sarah Wolf, executive director of Discovery Center, who will speak and give a tour of the new Discovery Center addition. The tour will include seeing the traveling “Peanuts … Naturally” exhibit, which runs until Jan. 8, 2012.
Cost is $18 per person. Make checks payable to WCRTA. Reserve with Elaine Arco at (815) 877-4506. Members may bring a guest. Make reservations by Nov. 14.
WCRTA is an organization of retired educators from both the public and private schools. It is a unit of the Illinois Retired Teachers Association. This group helps give a voice on legislative issues and awards yearly scholarships/grants to future teachers. Inquiries: (815) 988-4093.