- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Clark Colborn releases new album
Again, the soon-to-be released CD from progressive rock guitarist Clark Colborn, of Loves Park, is now available for pre-order. Details about the 11-song collection of original music can be found at www.ClarkPlaysGuitar.com. The first single, “Lie to Me,” is available for free download at http://store.ClarkPlaysGuitar.com.
Colborn’s first CD, 12 instrumental tracks titled Clark Plays Guitar, received critical acclaim and established him as a unique voice in the world of guitar. The song “Stainless (with a Touch of Cosmic Power)” from his first CD reached No. 1 on Internet radio five times, and stayed in the Top 5 for more than 30 weeks. Michael Molenda of Guitar Player magazine called Colborn’s music “brilliantly schizoid” and said “… in short, he rocks!”
The new album, Again, features 11 songs ranging from full-blown progressive metal epics, to beautifully haunting melodic instrumentals, including four vocal tracks. Fans of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai will definitely be hooked by the “boogie-on-steroids” style of “Mr. In-a-Hurry, part 2,” and fans of heavier fare will love the bone-crushing riffs of “73” and “Stop Talking.” Tunes such as “The Harmonic Thing” and “Into the Mist” showcase Colborn’s softer side, while exploring the sonic landscape. Pre-order it online at http://store.ClarkPlaysGuitar.com.
Visit ClarkPlaysGuitar.com to learn more about guitarist Clark Colborn and his unique style of music.
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue