- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Dr. Kathleen Kelly awarded for leadership
Dr. Kathleen Kelly, SwedishAmerican Health System’s chief medical officer and chief quality officer, recently won the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) Leadership Award for 2011. Dr. Kelly was honored at the 35th annual education conference in Dallas.
This award is designed to recognize outstanding leadership and contributions to NAMSS. It is given annually to an individual who has consistently supported the activities and role of the medical services professional; has contributed to and has enthusiasm for the work of NAMSS; is committed to the organizational goals of one’s health care organization and staff; and demonstrates exemplary leadership and statesmanship for the benefit of the industry at large.
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue