- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Dr. Kathleen Kelly awarded for leadership
Dr. Kathleen Kelly, SwedishAmerican Health System’s chief medical officer and chief quality officer, recently won the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) Leadership Award for 2011. Dr. Kelly was honored at the 35th annual education conference in Dallas.
This award is designed to recognize outstanding leadership and contributions to NAMSS. It is given annually to an individual who has consistently supported the activities and role of the medical services professional; has contributed to and has enthusiasm for the work of NAMSS; is committed to the organizational goals of one’s health care organization and staff; and demonstrates exemplary leadership and statesmanship for the benefit of the industry at large.
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue