- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Horticulture for the Holidays workshops to celebrate the season
The University of Illinois Extension will be hosting “Horticulture for the Holidays” — a celebration of gardening, nature and the holiday season from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3. This program offers participants a special keynote presentation, Creating a Year-Round Garden for Birds, and their choice of four hands-on, make-it-take-it workshops.
Kick off your holiday decorating and gift giving with this seasonal program and workshop. Make ‘n take two projects while enjoying spiced cider and morning treats. Participants have their choice of either paint a cement leaf casting birdbath or seasonal candle wreath in session I; and pine cone and ribbon swag or globe ornament and botanical card set in session II.
For more information or to register for Horticulture for the Holidays, go online at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/sw or call (815) 987-4357. Space is limited. The cost to attend is $20 per person. Horticulture for the Holidays will be held at the Winnebago County Farm Bureau, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue