- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Horticulture for the Holidays workshops to celebrate the season
The University of Illinois Extension will be hosting “Horticulture for the Holidays” — a celebration of gardening, nature and the holiday season from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3. This program offers participants a special keynote presentation, Creating a Year-Round Garden for Birds, and their choice of four hands-on, make-it-take-it workshops.
Kick off your holiday decorating and gift giving with this seasonal program and workshop. Make ‘n take two projects while enjoying spiced cider and morning treats. Participants have their choice of either paint a cement leaf casting birdbath or seasonal candle wreath in session I; and pine cone and ribbon swag or globe ornament and botanical card set in session II.
For more information or to register for Horticulture for the Holidays, go online at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/sw or call (815) 987-4357. Space is limited. The cost to attend is $20 per person. Horticulture for the Holidays will be held at the Winnebago County Farm Bureau, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue