- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Horticulture for the Holidays workshops to celebrate the season
The University of Illinois Extension will be hosting “Horticulture for the Holidays” — a celebration of gardening, nature and the holiday season from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3. This program offers participants a special keynote presentation, Creating a Year-Round Garden for Birds, and their choice of four hands-on, make-it-take-it workshops.
Kick off your holiday decorating and gift giving with this seasonal program and workshop. Make ‘n take two projects while enjoying spiced cider and morning treats. Participants have their choice of either paint a cement leaf casting birdbath or seasonal candle wreath in session I; and pine cone and ribbon swag or globe ornament and botanical card set in session II.
For more information or to register for Horticulture for the Holidays, go online at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/sw or call (815) 987-4357. Space is limited. The cost to attend is $20 per person. Horticulture for the Holidays will be held at the Winnebago County Farm Bureau, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue