- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Jessica Caddell new curator of Rockford Art Museum
Jessica Caddell became the new curator of Rockford Art Museum (RAM) Oct. 31. She joins RAM after working as collections and exhibitions manager at Freeport Art Museum for more than seven years, where she also managed educational programming. During her time there, she was organizer for Art in the Park Freeport, an annual arts fair cooperative event between the Freeport Park District and the Freeport Art Museum.
Caddell holds a master’s degree in art history and museum studies from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, and bachelor’s degrees in art and art history from Texas State University. She has organized exhibitions for numerous galleries in Illinois and Texas.
A native Midwesterner, Caddell said she looked forward to joining the staff of RAM. “The museum has an outstanding collection and an extensive record of dynamic exhibitions,” she said. “I am delighted to be joining the team at RAM.”
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue