- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Jessica Caddell new curator of Rockford Art Museum
Jessica Caddell became the new curator of Rockford Art Museum (RAM) Oct. 31. She joins RAM after working as collections and exhibitions manager at Freeport Art Museum for more than seven years, where she also managed educational programming. During her time there, she was organizer for Art in the Park Freeport, an annual arts fair cooperative event between the Freeport Park District and the Freeport Art Museum.
Caddell holds a master’s degree in art history and museum studies from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, and bachelor’s degrees in art and art history from Texas State University. She has organized exhibitions for numerous galleries in Illinois and Texas.
A native Midwesterner, Caddell said she looked forward to joining the staff of RAM. “The museum has an outstanding collection and an extensive record of dynamic exhibitions,” she said. “I am delighted to be joining the team at RAM.”
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue