- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Jessica Caddell new curator of Rockford Art Museum
Jessica Caddell became the new curator of Rockford Art Museum (RAM) Oct. 31. She joins RAM after working as collections and exhibitions manager at Freeport Art Museum for more than seven years, where she also managed educational programming. During her time there, she was organizer for Art in the Park Freeport, an annual arts fair cooperative event between the Freeport Park District and the Freeport Art Museum.
Caddell holds a master’s degree in art history and museum studies from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, and bachelor’s degrees in art and art history from Texas State University. She has organized exhibitions for numerous galleries in Illinois and Texas.
A native Midwesterner, Caddell said she looked forward to joining the staff of RAM. “The museum has an outstanding collection and an extensive record of dynamic exhibitions,” she said. “I am delighted to be joining the team at RAM.”
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue