- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
Local author Sandi Adams releases book for expectant mothers at Nov. 19 event
Online Staff Report
Local author Sandi Adams will launch a new adult book, Belly Button Bible Study, for expectant mothers at Rockford First Assembly Book Store and Stuart’s Café, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 19.
Rockford First Assembly is at 5950 Spring Creek Road. The event is free.
Adams wasn’t always an author. She spent 40 years as a registered nurse in Rockford, and began writing upon retirement.
Her first book, Kajsa in the Middle, was designed to compliment her granddaughter when she couldn’t find gifts to celebrate Kajsa’s lovely Swedish name.
Adams received such a great response from her first book she decided to turn the Kajsa books into a series. The second book was titled Watch What You Wish, and the third is Kajsa: Big Girl or Little Girl?.
Adams’ latest book is a tender, unique, nine-chapter walk through Mama’s personal pregnancy, but it is all about Baby. In fact, it is Baby’s First Book.
Each chapter of Belly Button Bible Study has a love conversation from the parents to the little miracle growing within; bullet points describing the amazing changes month by month; verses telling what God has to say about the child; and lined pages where Mama can journal her thoughts and feelings.
“My hope is that by using simplicity and humor and, at times, even a child’s words, all my books are able touch a nerve,” Adams said. “Look in the pages and see a reflection of yourself. Realize that you were planted right where you belong so you could grow into all you were designed to become.
“I knew retirement would not be boring; but now that I have lifted the lid on this new passion, I see it offers me another avenue to pursue my personal philosophy of making a difference … one at a time,” Adams added.
View Adams’ books online at www.sandiadamsauthor.com.