- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Local business should support local banks
I am Occupy Rockford. We had our rally Saturday in front of the Chase Bank. At that time I got to thinking. We want to get people to change from big banks to local banks and credit unions. BUT, what about the businesses? A local business should be supporting local banks. If you want me to patronize your establishment, shouldn’t you do the same with the banks? That is my thought on this part of the Occupy Rockford. If you are interested in investigating it — occupyrockford.org. When you see us, honk your horn, wave, stop and get a flyer. We will explain what it is to the best of our knowledge. Remember, corporate greed has got to go. Come join us, we want your support. We have many local banks and computer servers. Go local!
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue