- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Local business should support local banks
I am Occupy Rockford. We had our rally Saturday in front of the Chase Bank. At that time I got to thinking. We want to get people to change from big banks to local banks and credit unions. BUT, what about the businesses? A local business should be supporting local banks. If you want me to patronize your establishment, shouldn’t you do the same with the banks? That is my thought on this part of the Occupy Rockford. If you are interested in investigating it — occupyrockford.org. When you see us, honk your horn, wave, stop and get a flyer. We will explain what it is to the best of our knowledge. Remember, corporate greed has got to go. Come join us, we want your support. We have many local banks and computer servers. Go local!
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue