- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Local business should support local banks
I am Occupy Rockford. We had our rally Saturday in front of the Chase Bank. At that time I got to thinking. We want to get people to change from big banks to local banks and credit unions. BUT, what about the businesses? A local business should be supporting local banks. If you want me to patronize your establishment, shouldn’t you do the same with the banks? That is my thought on this part of the Occupy Rockford. If you are interested in investigating it — occupyrockford.org. When you see us, honk your horn, wave, stop and get a flyer. We will explain what it is to the best of our knowledge. Remember, corporate greed has got to go. Come join us, we want your support. We have many local banks and computer servers. Go local!
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue