- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Local business should support local banks
I am Occupy Rockford. We had our rally Saturday in front of the Chase Bank. At that time I got to thinking. We want to get people to change from big banks to local banks and credit unions. BUT, what about the businesses? A local business should be supporting local banks. If you want me to patronize your establishment, shouldn’t you do the same with the banks? That is my thought on this part of the Occupy Rockford. If you are interested in investigating it — occupyrockford.org. When you see us, honk your horn, wave, stop and get a flyer. We will explain what it is to the best of our knowledge. Remember, corporate greed has got to go. Come join us, we want your support. We have many local banks and computer servers. Go local!
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue