- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Local business should support local banks
I am Occupy Rockford. We had our rally Saturday in front of the Chase Bank. At that time I got to thinking. We want to get people to change from big banks to local banks and credit unions. BUT, what about the businesses? A local business should be supporting local banks. If you want me to patronize your establishment, shouldn’t you do the same with the banks? That is my thought on this part of the Occupy Rockford. If you are interested in investigating it — occupyrockford.org. When you see us, honk your horn, wave, stop and get a flyer. We will explain what it is to the best of our knowledge. Remember, corporate greed has got to go. Come join us, we want your support. We have many local banks and computer servers. Go local!
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue