Rescue Mission fund-raiser begins Nov. 25 at area Culver’s
Culver’s of Rockford has helped raise funds for the Rockford Rescue Mission for years, but store owners and employees are hoping this year will top them all.
Beginning Friday, Nov. 25, Culver’s of Rockford and Roscoe will kick off their annual fund-raiser for the Rockford Rescue Mission at all five Culver’s locations — 6727 E. Riverside Blvd., 5610 Wansford Way, 1224 Bennington Road and 236 N. Phelps Ave., in Rockford; and 9779 N. Second St., Roscoe.
The premise of the fund-raiser is simple and delicious: donate $1 to the Rescue Mission, get a free scoop of custard.
Following are fast facts about the fund-raiser:
• The requested donation is only $1, though many people choose to donate more.
• Every donor receives a coupon for a free one-scoop dish or cone of Culver’s famous custard, redeemable beginning Jan. 1, 2012.
• Donors’ names are written on small fliers and displayed at each location (per guest’s permission).
• Last year, donors contributed more than $15,000 during the fund-raiser.
• 100 percent of all funds are given to the Rockford Rescue Mission.
• The fund-raiser runs from the day after Thanksgiving, Nov. 25, to Christmas Eve, Dec. 24.
Each year, the fundraiser has raised more donations than the year before, a result of the generous Rockford and Roscoe communities and the efforts of dedicated Culver’s team members.
The five Culver’s locations compete to raise the most donations, with the winning location officially named at the company’s annual Christmas party.
More than $15,000 was raised during last year’s fund-raiser — a number Culver’s is hoping to top this year.
“The need for an organization like the Rockford Rescue Mission becomes even more apparent in these challenging economic times,” said Stephanie Koch, co-owner of Culver’s of Rockford. “Their cause is so important, yet challenging, and so we try to do a small part to support the mission as they continually strive to assist and serve the Rockford community.”
Culver’s support of the Rockford Rescue Mission is part of a tradition of giving back to the community. From Culver’s founders to each locally owned and operated restaurant, each franchise partner and team member understands the importance of serving those in need. Culver’s of Rockford welcomes any inquiry or suggested partnership for local initiatives and community efforts.
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue
Print This Article