- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Singing Stylists-Holiday Blowout set for Nov. 17
An inventive hair stylist and her crew are using their many talents to support the Rockford Art Museum (RAM) and kick off the holiday season in style.
Clare Schwartz is a hairstylist and the owner of High Maintenance Salon and Spa, 4401 Peak Drive, Loves Park, Ill. However, Clare also has a stage name, and her alter ego is known as jazz singer “Clare Black.” So, as the holiday season approaches, she is combining her two loves and giving back to the community.
For the second year in a row, Clare Black’s Christmas CD, Launch Party, will benefit a local organization. This year’s benefactor is RAM, which will also be hosting the event.
Clare Black and the LA Trio will headline The Singing Stylists- Holiday Blowout from 6:30 to 9 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 17, at RAM, 711 N. Main St. This lively holiday show will feature seven additional artists who are stylists by day and singers by night, as well as Richard Hillard. They will entertain you with their unique twist of holiday tunes with musical styles including country, burlesque, lounge, jazz, rockabilly and blues.
Arrive at 6:30 to nosh on samplings from Sylvia’s Kitchen (www.sylviaskitchen.com) and enjoy libations (including the evening’s signature cocktail, “the Grinchtini”) from a cash bar hosted by Kryptonite www.kryptonitebar.com.
Proceeds from the event and CD sales support RAM, which hosts continuing art exhibits and art classes. After the event, the CD will be available for purchase at both High Maintenance locations through the holidays.
Call RAM at (815) 968-2787 to purchase tickets or for more information. Tickets may also be purchased at High Maintence Salon & Spa’s two locations in Roscoe and Loves Park. Tickets are $25 in advance and a limited number of $40 VIP tickets are available. General admission tickets will be $30 at the door the night of the event.
From the Nov. 16-22, 2011, issue