- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
This holiday season, give a gift from the Arbor Day Foundation
NEBRASKA CITY, Neb. — Celebrate the holiday season with friends and loved ones this year and give back to the Earth at the same time with the help of the nonprofit Arbor Day Foundation.
Send holiday greetings and plant a tree — all at the same time — by using the Foundation’s Give-A-Tree cards. Give-A-Tree cards are unique in that every card plants a tree in one of our national forests in honor of the recipient. By sending Give-A-Tree cards, you are helping to replant forests that have been devastated by wildfires, insects and disease. Give-A-Tree holiday cards come in 20 varieties. This year, an option is available to customize Give-A-Tree cards, including using your favorite picture in a Give-A-Tree photo card.
When you give the gift of Arbor Day Specialty Coffee, you’re helping to preserve the Earth’s precious rain forests. Arbor Day Specialty Coffee is shade-grown under the canopy of Latin American rain forests. Unlike sun-grown coffee plantations, this traditional shade-grown method gives the coffee a delicious, rich flavor and helps preserve the rain forest as part of the Foundation’s Rain Forest Rescue program.
The Foundation’s Trees in Celebration program allows the giver to honor loved ones while at the same time making a positive impact on the environment. Trees in Celebration includes many great benefits, including 10 free trees that will be shipped at the right time of year for planting.
“The holidays are a time for thinking about others, and as you do, take a moment to think about what you can do to protect the beauty and splendor of the Earth,” said John Rosenow, chief executive of the Arbor Day Foundation. “We encourage everyone to give gifts that will have a lasting impact on the world for generations to come.”
To purchase holiday gifts that give back to the Earth, go to arborday.org.
From the Nov. 23-29, 2011, issue